Saturday, June 14, 2008

Oh lonesome me!!!


These pictures were taken in Yosemite National Park. Nature always amazes me. This tree looks like it is growing out of solid rock but if you looked closely you could see there was a hole in the rock (not a big one) and there was some dirt in the hole and from that this tree had grown.

I won't be blogging for 2-3 weeks as I'm headed to Alaska. I'm going to try to get a couple sky watch blogs together and have Rose put my name on Tom's list but I will not be able to comment on other's blogs. I will look to see what I've missed when I get back.

5 comments:

Tom said...

I love these shots Neal... I got your message about SW.. you were right to rest after what had been happening..You enjoy Alaska, I hope you have time for pictures.. keep well and keep safe on your trip.

Tom

Rose said...

I love it, Neal...don't you wonder how old it is? I be it grew so slow....

Carletta said...

Wonderful clear photos - so bright!
Looks like a dragon of sorts coming out of that rock :)

Alaska - how wonderful! Like Tom commented ...hope you get time for some pictures. Take one of the glaciers for me - I always wanted to see them in person.
Stay safe and happy travels!

Anil P said...

The second picture against the sky is striking. As if in a permanent pose.

mercè said...

The nature creates beautiful sculptures that the men try to imitate without achieving it... Marvelous images.