Monday, June 16, 2008

Alaska


The last time we were in Alaska (2004) we stopped along a stream because there were a lot of cars there and we were curious as to why they were there. We walked over to the stream and found out....people were there panning for gold. The people in the top photo had lawn chairs sitting out in the middle of the stream and they were panning away. :) I talked to the guy in the bottom picture and learned that he was there from Michigan and was headed to Phoenix, AZ. He said the only constraint was that he had to be in Phoenix by November (it was June when we were there). He had retired and had pulled a travel trailer up there and was just enjoying him time out in nature.

BTW, I'll be taking plenty of pictures in AK. When we went to Yellowstone last year I took over 1100 myself. My wife and daughter took around 1800 between them so no lack of pictures. :) Of course we have a lot of duplicates but they only take a little disk space.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Panning for gold during the day and great banter at night I bet. I look forward to your pictures Neal.