Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mt. Evans--II

Not to be outdone by the weather we got up the next morning and decided to head back up Mt. Evans for a second time.  The time the weather was a little more cooperative.  It was absolutely gorgeous as we drove up and back.  The road is not for people who are scared of heights.  In some places if you went over the edge you wouldn't stop rolling for a long time because it's straight down.  The road is not exceptionally wide either and you ALWAYS meet a few people who shouldn't be driving it because they want to take their half of the road in the middle.   You can see their face and see that they are scared to death. The only thing that would ever concern me is other people like the ones I just mentioned.  If you don't have confidence that you can stay in a lane 8 feet wide then you shouldn't be driving that road.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous, Neal, Fantabulous... love all the mountains views =)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---what an incredible view... My favorite (especially when you make it BIG) is the 4th picture from the top.. WOW--how incredible.

Hope we get there sometime!!!! And yes, don't we all just love 'road hogs'????ha
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

The views are spectacular,but that road doesn't sound like one for me.

George said...

I sure am glad you decided to go back. These pictures are fantastic -- the scenery is absolutely gorgeous.

I've met a few of those drivers myself -- it can get interesting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These pictures have layers and layers of beauty, I counted about nine in the second picture alone! That was my favorite till I saw the others! I think the fourth one is my favorite now. But I am getting scared just looking at them. Why don't they put up guardrails????? We live on the Skyline Drive and they don't have guardrails either, sheer drop offs over Afton Mountain!!

Rose said...

LOVE all of these...so much.