Tuesday, August 31, 2010

British Columbia

When we got into Vancouver (around 7 AM local time) we went to get our auto that we had rented at the place where the cruise ships dock. By 8:15-8:30 we were on the road trying to get onto the Sea-to-Sky Highway which heads north out of Vancouver along the shore. There were several Provincial Parks that we wanted to stop at. However about all the pictures below are just places we stopped along the road when we saw something interesting. All the pictures below were taken before noon. It was kind of slow moving up the highway because we stopped so often.
Beautiful waterfall just off the road (Shannon Falls Provincial Park)
Another shot of the same waterfall.
Looking back at the waterfall from on up the road.
Flowers along the road.
Flowers along the road.
Mountains almost hidden by fog.
Flowers along the road.

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Beutiful shots here, Neal!

I love a drive that takes a long time because there are so many photo opportunities!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I can see why you would stop often.These pictures are so beautiful.
❀ Ruth ❀

George said...

This looks like a beautiful road to travel -- no wonder you had to stop so often to take in the view. The mountains hidden in the fog are beautiful, but I really like the waterfall.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Heart... That waterfall (from all angles) is beautiful... Wow!!!!! And I also love the wildflowers... AND the fog.... You did GREAT!!!! I love them all.
Betsy

Rose said...

I love those yellow flowers...do you know what they are? (I don't know what the yellow flower on my blog is that you ask about.)