Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pawnee Grassland

All of these pictures were taken in the Pawnee Grassland in Colorado.  It was pretty cool when I took the last two pictures of the rattler.  I dropped pebbles on him and never could get him to  move.  I wanted him to move because he was lying right in front of the Pawnee Grassland entrance sign and I was afraid someone might get out to take a picture of the sign and step on him.

The grassland was really a pretty area.  We didn't have time to spend as much time there as I would have like to spent. Even though I've been to CO many, many times this was the first time that I had ever been there.






10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that gorgeous cloud shot. The intensity is amazing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are a BRAVE man!! VERY brave!! My favorite picture here is the clouds, wow that is a great cloud formation!

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the photos!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yipes... That snake makes me cringe.... I'm NOT a snake person AT ALL....

The Pawnee Grassland is a neat area --except for the snake!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carletta said...

The second picture of the windmills seem so out of place in that gorgeous world.
You're lucky that snake didn't move!! :)

diane b said...

Eeeew a snake and a rattler too. Looks like a nice place to visit to see the wildlife but I wouldn't like to be so close to the snake.

George said...

I'm glad the rattler didn't get angry with you for dropping pebbles at him. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to do that. Your photos are marvelous. I especially like the massive white cloud in your sky picture.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

I so love shots 3 and 4!