Monday, January 2, 2012

First, let me apologize for all the pictures.  I probably shouldn't have put so many of them up but I couldn't decide which ones so I selected all of them. :)  After the beautiful fall colors on the Cherohala Skyway we ran into this as the elevation increased.  It was absolutely gorgeous and unexpected.  I saw a couple people that could hardly contain themselves they were so excited.  The best part was that it wasn't cold.  I had on a short sleeve shirt and wasn't cold.











4 comments:

George said...

I'm glad you posted all of these -- they're wonderful. The seventh picture of the snow-covered tree against that dark blue sky is absolutely gorgeous.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Neal... You know how much I would love seeing not only the Fall colors --but also the snow at the higher elevations... Beautiful---all of them...

It's gotten cold here today. We walked at the track and it was 25 degrees and they said that the windchill made it feel like 13 degrees...Brrrrrrrr.... We've had some flurries also --but not much.
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures. Each one is a beauty. I love those hoar frosts.

Carletta said...

I would be so jealous of these lovely shots if it weren't snowing right now. I hope the 2-4 inches they predict will be on when I get up in the morning. :)
There's something about the photo with the road that I really like.