Monday, May 26, 2008

Flowers





We went to Spring Mill State Park yesterday with our daughter and I got some of these pictures around their old houses. Everything is so green and refreshing down there. We never left the park until around 9:00 PM so it was after 10:00 when we got home but we had a good time. They had some Civil War displays and there was one place where they were baking cornbread on a fire like they did before they had ovens. I sure would have like to try it but it wasn't done. The lady that was trying to bake the cornbread said that so far it had either come out not fully baked or burnt. :) As I stood there watching them it made me realize again just how easy we have it today and how a lot of us are not even thankful for how easy we have it.

I then got out in our yard this morning and took some more pictures. It's kind of difficult to take good pictures with the wind blowing like it was this morning but I got some decent shots. Don't ask me what kind of flowers they are because I'm not a flower expert by any means. My wife would tell you that I'm not an expert at anything :)

8 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

Very nice pictures.

Tom said...

I'm much the same when it comes to garden flowers Neal. I admire their beauty but thats as far as it goes. I try to look up the odd plant that I come across when out and about. I have a few posts coming up with some wild flowers and hedgerow plants from a walk I did last week. If you get the time this week drop by.

Tom

dot said...

Your flowers shots are very pretty! I think I saw a peony but I didn't recognize any of the rest of them. If a person could get that cornbread right I bet it would really be good. They knew how back in the old days because they had too. Yes we are lucky to have so many conveniences.

Carletta said...

Lovely shots of some beautiful flowers!
I read your profile today - I'm not a computer geek exactly, but I did teach basic computer skills to K-5 students before I retired!
You might not be an expert in flowers, but you are pretty good with a camera.
I've had a nice visit.

EG CameraGirl said...

We don't know how easy we have it. We'd complain less if we did know. ;-)

I can help you out with a few of the flower photos:
White peony
white columbine
pink sweet William
pink zinnia

Even if you don't know the names, the phoograpy sis very, very good!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I am an appreciate observer rather than gardener. This collage is so beautiful.

Rose said...

The top right hand corner photo of the collage is foxglove...these sure are pretty. Columbines are one of my favorite plants also--I remember finding the one for the first time up on Verlyn's hill above the house. I really thought it was so unique. And still do.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful series of photographs.
The colours are fabulous.
These are delicate and beautiful!