Monday, May 12, 2008

Belle of Louisville





Back in the fall we went to Louisville, KY and took a ride on an old paddle boat. The weather was perfect that day so that made the ride very enjoyable. You could even sign up to get lunch on the boat if you wanted to do but since it was come kind of German food we didn't because we knew our daughter (who's very picky about eating) wouldn't eat it. I would have like to try it because I like all sorts of food.

The Belle of Louisville is now in her 93rd year of operation. Apparently it can be reserverd for weddings or reunions. I think it would be kind of neat to have some kind of reunion on it.

After the ride we sat on the Ohio River for a while and watched the barges go up and down the river. I would love to take a trip on a barge...it would probably be really boring but I'd like to try it. I have a first cousin that used to work on a barge. He would leave home and be gone for 4 weeks and then get to stay home for 4 weeks. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing trip and I will do it again if I get the chance.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Nice for me to see this steamer, I only see them on films and such like.. I will follow the link when I get the time..